Join Geoff Lawton as he designs and builds a dam and swale system on a client's small acre farm.
Every detail is covered as we watch Geoff and his students build a water harvesting system using the design principles of Permaculture.
You will learn and understand many advanced concepts:
- Inspecting at the site with Geoff
- Surveying and understanding contours and problem areas
- Planning the site using laser and dumpy levels
- Connecting swales to maximise Water Harvesting
- Briefing excavator drivers and what to look for
- Clearing the site, subsoils and problem areas
- Establishing the dam keyways, waterline level and freeboard
- Building the dam and how not to collapse it
- Spillways and diversion channels
- and much more
Host: Geoff Lawton